THERE IS HOPE. CLICK ON THE ICON ABOVE AND DON'T LEAVE BEFORE THE MIRACLE HAPPENS. AA WORKS! EMAIL ME!
THE WHIZ KID
ROBIN ROBERTS 1926-2010
TOMMY BROOKSHIER 1931-2010
THE DREAM ENDURES - R.I.P. TO THE LION OF THE SENATE, MY SENATOR!
SENATOR EDWARD KENNEDY 1932-2009
THE FINAL BLITZ HAS BEEN CALLED - REST IN PEACE
MR. JIM JOHNSON 1941-2009
OUTTA HERE! - FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS, R.I.P. FRIEND
MR. HARRY KALAS 1936-2009
Phillygrapher and "Dawk" Brian Dawkins!
What can I say? I love my teams. And I love collecting their autographs. I live 6 hours from Philadelphia but have an undying passion for all teams Philadelphia. Why? (1) I went to college in Philly. There I spent 2 years working for the Phillies and 4 years booing Ray Rhodes and (2) you can thank the pure passion of Barkley, and the athletic brillance of Randall. I loved those guys growing up here. Well anyway, I ended up being a lawyer, and have 3 kids of my own. I started collecting sports memorbilia again about 5 years ago, after having a strong interest in it as a teenager. I found that even after leaving Philly, I just loved all their teams. I believe in the values and rules of Philly fandom, and share their love for our guys (if deserved). I like to consider Philly my adopted home town. With that in mind, I have narrowed my collecting to only Philadelphia sports memorbilia and autographs. My main source is through the mail, using Harvey Meiselman's list, which is hands down the best out there. His site is www.sportsaddresslists.com. I list my daily successes on here and welcome contact from my readers. Feel free to email me with questions or comments... email@example.com - BELOW ARE THE 4 OTHER MEMBERS OF MY CREW...
The next Phillygraphersttm, Jr and Jake (dob: June '06 and April '03)
Ms. Caroline E Phillygrapherttm (dob May '08)
AUTOGRAPH OF THE MONTH (there is always one autograph a month that stands out from the rest)
JANUARY '11- DAVID AKERS
DECEMBER '10 - JOSH HAMILTON (1rst non-Philly athlete to receive this prestigious award)
NOVEMBER '10 - MANNY TRILLO
OCTOBER '10 - GREG LUZINSKI
SEPTEMBER '10 - JOE BLANTON
AUGUST '10 - JON RUNYAN
JULY '10 - MIKE LIEBERTHAL
JUNE '10 - CHRIS PRONGER
MAY '10 - BILL COWHER
APRIL '10 - MERRILL REESE
MARCH '10 -PHILLIPPE AMOUNT
FEB '10 - ANDY REID
JAN '10 - CHARLIE MANUEL
DEC '09 - AL "THE OX" WISTERT
NOV '09 - CURT SIMMONS
OCT '09 - TONY PEREZ
SEPT ' 09 - TERRELL OWENS
AUGUST '09 - JOHN KRUK
JULY '09 - R. CUNNINGHAM
JUNE '09 - PAT GILLICK
MAY '09 - CHRIS COSTE and SHANE VICTORINO (8 by 10 dual signed photo)
APRIL '09 - HARRY KALAS R.I.P.
MARCH '09 - BOBBY CLARKE
FEB. '09 - CHRIS CARTER
JAN. '09 - CHARLES BARKLEY
DEC. 08 - PETE ROSE
NOV. '08 - DR. JACK RAMSAY
OCTOBER '08- JIM THOME
SEPT. '08- WES HOPKINS
AUGUST '08- RYAN SANDBERG
JULY '08- W. MONTGOMERY
JUNE '08- JEREMIAH TROTTTER
MAY '08- JAMES VAN RIESDYK
APRIL '08- JEREMY ROENICK
MARCH '08- ERIC LINDROS
FEBRUARY '08- BILL BARBER
JANUARY '08- LARRY BOWA
DECEMBER '07- JOHN LECLAIR
NOVEMBER '07- JOHN MADDEN
OCTOBER '07- JOE FRAZIER
SEPTEMBER '07- COLE HAMELS
AUGUST'07- KEVIN KOLB
JULY '07- "ACE" PARKER
JUNE '07- CHUCK BEDNARIK
MAY '07- HAROLD CARMICHAEL
APRIL'07- ROBIN ROBERTS
First Draft Picks: in caps = success; O = obtained by other means; CA = Confirming Addy
YOU THINK I AM A FREAK? MEET THOMAS ANDREW JACKLEY!
TOMMY BOY is a fellow Philadelphia Autograph Freak. However, when it comes to Phillies Autographs, Tommy is the King of Kings. Tommy has atleast one autograph of EVERY PHILLIE WHO WORE THE UNIFORM FROM 1950 ON. MISSING NO ONE! WOW! Amazing! He is now working on the 40's Phillies and has comprehensive collections of the Phillies Minor Leagues, 76ers, Flyers and Eagles. I have enjoyed trading autographs and tips with Tommy over the last few years. My wife and I actually had the pleassure of meeting Tom and his wife Stacy. Good people,and a good friend; although he is a total freak. Please check out Tommy's awesome Philly Autographs. CLICK ON TOMMY AND SCHMIDTY TO VIEW TOMMY'S AMAZING COLLECTION OF PHILLIES AUTOGRAPHS!
TEAM SETS I AM WORKING ON (PLEASE CONTACT FOR MY PLAYER WANTLIST)
1960 EAGLES (NFL CHAMPS)
1963 SIXERS (FIRST 76ER TEAM)
1966 SIXERS (NBA CHAMPS)
1967 FLYERS (FIRST FLYER TEAM)
1972 SIXERS (WORST SIXERS TEAM EVER)
1974 FLYERS (STANLEY CUP CHAMPS)
1975 FLYERS (STANLEY CUP CHAMPS)
1980 EAGLES (NFC CHAMPS)
1983 SIXERS (NBA CHAMPS)
2000 - 01 SIXERS (EASTERN CONF CHAMPS)
2004 EAGLES (NFC CHAMPS)
75 GREATEST EAGLES EVER (NAMED IN 2006)
TIPS FOR SENDING AUTOGRAPHS THROUGH THE MAIL...
(1)Know where to send it! So buy an address book! Harvey's list is the best in the business- www.sportsaddresslists.com
(2) Keep your letter brief (half a page)
(3) Say "please" and "thank you"
(4) Include a card, photo or item to be signed
(5) Always add a self addressed stamped envelope.
(6) Be patient! I have had autograph returns take years sometimes! Also use "forever" stamps
(7) Look for online message boards for tips and to see other fans' successes. I am a member of www.sportsgraphing.com
(8) Keep track as to who, when and where you send to. This will help sharing info with others and will help make sure you don't waste stamps.
(9) Look on team websites in their front office directory to find a lot of former players, who now work for the team, that you can write to c/o the team (ie: Bobby Clarke works for the Flyers or the Harold Carmichael works for the Eagles, write to them there!)
(10) Google searches never hurt to try to track down former players. I found a former Eagles players selling Lexus and a former Phillie serving 7 years on drug charges. I wrote to him at his prison and got a very nice response.
(11) Since there is no promise of success, don't send something you can't afford to lose
(12) Make your letter and envelope stand out from the rest in his player's mail pile. Point something out about the player's career or something to show it's not just a form letter. I recently had a great success when I wrote the player's charitable website on the outside of the envelope, and complimented him on his efforts.
THIS IS JUST A VERY SMALL SAMPLE OF SOME OF THE GREAT PHILADELPHIA LEGENDS THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO OBTAIN THEIR AUTOGRAPHS THROUGH THE MAIL, AND WHO ARE KNOWN TO BE GREAT SIGNERS.
A FEW EAGLES...
A FEW PHILLIES...
A FEW FLYERS...
A FEW SIXERS...
A FEW COACHES...
A FEW BROADCASTERS...
A FEW OWNERS...
A FEW MORE IDEAS THAT I HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH...
-PHILADELPHIA A'S (MLB)
-PHILADELPHIA STARS (NEGRO LEAGUES)
-PHILADELPHIA DAISIES (NEGRO LEAGUES)
-PHILADELPHIA WARRIORS (NBA)
-PHILADELPHIA PHANTOMS (FLYERS MINOR LEAGUE)
-PHILADELPHIA BIG 5 (LASALLE, PENN, ST. JOE, VILLANOVA AND TEMPLE)
-PHILLIES MINOR LEAGUE TEAMS (CLEARWATER, LAKEWOOD, WILLIAMSPORT, READING, LEHIGH)
- OTHER PHILLY NOTABLES JOE FRAZIER, BILL COSBY, AND WILL SMITH.